Seeking Allies Who See a Similar Future
CREP seeks allies who share our view that exercise professionals are a resource in communities that must be more effectively utilized to help Americans reach their health, fitness and sports performance goals. Recognizing and engaging those who are trained and certified to design and deliver physical activity and exercise programs must become more central to the way the nation thinks about encouraging and empowering people across the population to adopt healthier lifestyles.
We seek allies in:
- Employers seeking highly qualified staff to deliver exercise programs and interventions.
- Academia and institutions who are focused on preparing future professionals for careers in exercise science and population health management.
- Preventive care, community health, and allied health who seek to support structured, supervised physical activity as an integral component of health-related services.
- The payer systems who seek to lower the cost of care and improve outcomes by helping people stay healthy and thus out of the doctor’s office.
- Exercise and fitness certifiers who are pursuing accreditation for their certification programs through the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Organized sports, who seek ways to equip significantly more people to meet their performance goals while remaining injury free.
- The U.S. military who know science-based physical activity programming that is structured and supervised is critical to military readiness.
- The public sector and government who want to identify and spread pockets of innovation in reducing incidences of preventable chronic disease and their associated drain on healthcare resources.
- Public-policy formulators, recommenders, and advocates who hold the reduction of physical activity and obesity as a signature issue.
What you or your organization can do:
- Learn about CREP and our mission. Become familiar with our vision of a world in which the exercise professional plays an integral, widespread leadership role in the adoption and maintenance of active, healthy lifestyles.
- Utilize the United States Registry of Exercise Professionals (USREPS) to identify and verify the credentials of highly qualified exercise professionals.
- Discover opportunities for you and your organization to raise your voice in concert with CREP in pursuit of our vision for a healthier, more active nation.